Monday, November 5, 2012

My Painted Halloween Pumpkin!



This project was very enjoyable. I liked the fact that we had a lot of freedom. It took me a while to pick out something to paint but after changing my idea multiple times, I finally settled on doing somewhat of a duo with Kegan Lamentola by painting Sally from The Nighmare Before Christmas, while he painted Jack from The Nightmare Before Christmas. These pumpkins were supposed to be displayed somewhere around town together, however Kegans pumpkin ended up at River Rock Bar and Grill, while mine ended up in a funeral home, which is quite coincidental...haha. My pumpkin turned out to look just like Sally's picture I was going off of and I was happy with my finished product. One thing I would change if I could though would be the color of her and her hair (which is actually yarn). She is not THAT blue in the movie. She's actually supposed to be a really faint white/blue and her hair a burgundy color. However, I worked with the supplies I was given and couldn't be happier with how it turned out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment