Thursday, May 9, 2013

Geogebra Sequence Graph

This is a graph of a sequence of number I chose. There are two types of sequences in math: geometric and arithmetic. This is an arithmetic sequence. An arithmetic sequence is a series of numbers where the difference of any two cosecutive numbers is constant. For this graph, I have two different sequences. In the pink colored graph, I used the trigonomic function "cosine". This is why the troughs and peaks only reach up to the number one when they wave. For the purple graph I used the trigonomic function "sine". This is why my graph or "wave" starts at the vertex or zero on the coordinate plane.The reason the arches look like fish gills is because for the common difference of the series of numbers, I chose 0.3 and 0.2. Every arch or "gill" represents the graph moving up 0.3 or 0.2 to towards the ending number of the sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment